- Hiking! This usually means a few nights in a campground- which is about as cheap as it gets!
- Beach it! A beach vacation should be relaxing and low-key. You don't need to plan a ton of excursions because the beach is what you're there to enjoy! Splurge on a great place to stay, and then keep close by. Depending on the season, we might even be able to find you a steal on an all-inclusive destination.
- The 4-hour radius trip. Pick somewhere that you can get to relatively quickly, but offers a change in landscape and weather! For example- a North Florida traveler could get to South Carolina in about four hours.
- Small town trip. Find a destination that isn't known for their tourism, but has a ton to offer in terms of dining, activities and scenery.
Photo source: www.momtastic.com
Photo sources: http://www.travelimg.
Photo sources: www.travelalaska.com, www.oceaniacruises.com, abcnews.go.com
- Kona International Airport (KOA) in Kona
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Hilo
- Honolulu International Airport (HNL)
- Kahului Airport (OGG)
- Molokai Airport (MKK)
- Lihue Airport (LIH)
- Lanai Airport (LNY)
- Attend a Luau
- Go on a Helicopter Tour
- Rent a car so you can truly explore & experience the wonder of the islands
- Dominican Republic
- Mexico (be sure to check out this post)
- Secrets Wild Orchid - Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Le Blanc Spa - Cancun, Mexico
- Dreams Las Mareas - Costa Rica
- Parrot Cay and Como Shambhala Retreat -Turks and Caicos
Photo Credits: www.allinclusiveresorts.com, Hermitage Bay. australiaresorts.us
- Air Canada
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Virgin America
- Allegiant Airlines
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Sun Country
- United Kingdom
- the Netherlands
- South Korea
For example, say Rome is high on your list (did you see last week's post about how awesome Italy is?), you can fly into Rome to enjoy a few days. Then treat yourself to a 7 day adventure to Greece and Turkey.
Say you would love to see Barcelona. After spending a few days enjoying the rich history and culture, take an 11 day journey through the Canary Islands, Casablanca, Granada and Alicante, Spain.Know your exchange rate! The origin of your destination will determine your on-board rate. Your specific daily excursion or destination will determine your off-board rate. You will need a passport. I'll talk more on that in a couple weeks, so keep checking back to stay in the loop! I've said it before and I'll say it again- cruising allows you to pack ONE bag and see WAY more in a short period of time than taking separate modes of transport, checking in and out of hotels, searching for restaurants, etc. Be sure to email me for my list of the Top 3 European Destination Cruises, and the best time to take them!